What a very strange 12 months. Our own kids went back to school today and I can’t help but think back to this time last year, when Lockdown #1 was in the air. Mind you – I’m looking out of the window at the pouring rain right now….I’m sure I remember the spring sunshine being just about the only compensation of ‘this time last year’!

The team at school are as ready as they’ll ever be to welcome your children back and it won’t all be learning. Certainly, the staff will be getting everybody back in to that routine too but in the first few days, getting the children socialised again – getting them to have fun and be with the their mates – will be on the agenda. You, me and all the parents will have done the best we can these last few months but you can’t beat learning from building dens, chasing around the school field and team games. I hope you agree!

So. Onwards and upwards. It’ll be Easter before you can blink and the summer holidays in no time at all. If you have any concerns at all, do contact Mrs Ledingham at the school – and I’ll be happy to chat too if you want to. You can leave a name and a phone number with the school office and I’ll call you as soon as I can.

All the best!

AND….welcome back!